We work in partnership with Glasgow City Council to offer 16 childcare places for children between 3 to 5 years. Our qualified childcare staff offer play experiences to the children using the guidance of The Curriculum For Excellence document, which encourages and supports children to become confident learners.
- Children have opportunity to use the computer and iPad to play games and gather information for their topic of interest
- Stories, rhymes, music and sing are part of the everyday activity the children take part in daily
- Role play
- Literacy and numeracy
- Physical play indoors
- Physical play outdoors on climbing frame, bikes and scooters
- Opportunities to take part in art and craft activities and junk modelling
- Messy play with paint, dough sand and water paly
- Science activities- caring for and growing plants, lifecycle of a caterpillar
The opportunities for play experiences are endless and all come from the children’s interests and needs and are planned with the staff and children working together.
Senior Early Years and Childcare Worker:
Early Years and Childcare Worker: