The Sunbeam Room is for children aged 2 to 3 years old and can have between 10 and 15 children each session. Our qualified childcare staff plan learning experiences using guidance from Education Scotland’s Pre-Birth to Three: Positive Outcomes for Scotland’s Children and Families.
The room layout is changed to meet the needs and interests of the children.
- Opportunities for physical play outdoors and indoors with the climbing frame, balance beams, bikes and scooter
- Messy play with paint, dough, sand and water
- Heuristic play which allows the children to investigate a variety of objects which can be placed and emptied into a selection of different sized tins
- Stories, rhymes, songs and music are part of the everyday activity for the children
- Opportunities to take part in arts and crafts activities with different materials to make pictures, draw and write
- Imaginative play in the home, shop and hospital corner, which is developed through the children’s interests with dressing up clothes to support the theme
- Games and music using a Kindle
- Opportunity to spend time in the sensory room exploring the variety of equipment or for some quiet time
- Encouraging independence and social skills as the children sit together for snack and lunch with staff and their friends
Senior Early Years and Childcare Worker:
Early Years and Childcare Worker: